I have bad cold…*blowing my nose*…excuse me! I was in the mood to sip warm soup…..roasted red pepper and tomato soup!
Time to roast!
*Yummy* I am so into making varied soups…what’s next? Pumpkin? Carrot??
Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
• 3 red peppers
• 3 tomatoes
• 5 cloves garlic
• 2 medium shallots
• 1 large onion, cut in thick wedges
• drizzled olive oil
• 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
• 4 small dried bay leaves
• 3 cups chicken broth
• pinched salt and black pepper
1. Quarter and seed the red peppers. Core and cut the tomatoes in the wedges as well as onions. Cut the shallots half. Place these ingredients and cloves garlic in a bowl and drizzle olive oil. Add the thyme and season the black pepper on it. Use the spatula to mix all together. Then gently take out the ingredients onto a foil-lined baking sheet from the bowl.
2. Roast on the bottom rack of the oven at 450°F for 50-60 mins or until tender and slightly charred. When a time’s up, take it out and cool for 30 mins. Slip skins off tomatoes.
3. While the cooling down, heat to warm the chicken broth in a pot.
4. Put all the ingredients in a blender to puree vegetables along with chicken broth (not all) until smooth. Return to the chicken broth pot. Season it w/ salt and black pepper. Add bay leaves and stir it well. Serve immediately.